PARK LAWN LP RESPONSE to COVID-19
As the growing global concern around COVID-19 becomes an increasing reality in Canada, PLLP is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our staff, the families we serve and their guests who participate in the services we conduct
The current situation is extremely fluid and circumstances dictate that we must all adjust our daily routines and behaviours in order to slow the transmission of this virus to the best of our abilities. With your understanding, please be aware that we have implemented the following procedures:
During this period, we will focus on providing essential services, which means our top priority will be to those families who have experienced a death.
We encourage individuals to defer non-essential services to a later date.
Access to Facilities
Entrance to the Administrative Offices will be by appointment only. The doors will be locked at all times. For essential needs, please call the office number for assistance (see Contact Us).
Access to our mausoleum buildings will only be available during essential service events. Please note, for those services when the 10-person limit is reached, the doors will be locked.
Safe Distance Protocol
Effective March 29th, 2020, the Ontario Government declared a state of emergency and advised that all large gatherings must be restricted to 10 or less. We will be strictly enforcing this at our locations. In some instance as identified below, circumstances will dictate that we must restrict attendance even further.
We have implemented a Safe Distance Protocol for employees and the public. This means our employees will have no direct physical contact such as handshakes and hugs with one another or members of the public and they will observe a 12-foot distance wherever possible.
All visitors to our facilities will be screened as follows:
- Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation?
- Has Public Health been involved?
- Do you have any of these symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Chills or shivers
- Shortness of breath
If visitors answer YES to any of the above, we will be asking them to return home. If the purpose of their visit was to make cemetery arrangements, they will be instructed to call us and we will conduct the meeting remotely by phone.
Additional precautions specific to:
- Individuals will be permitted to approach the grave to place flowers on the casket once our employees have had the opportunity to distance themselves a minimum of 12 feet
- The casket will not be lowered until the attendees have vacated the area
B. Mausoleum and Niche Entombments
- All attendees will be required to adhere to the Safe Distance Protocol maintaining at least 12 feet from our staff at all times
- Services shall be completed in a common area within the mausoleum or niche buildings
- Closing of mausoleum crypts will not begin until the safe distance protocol has been achieved with only 2 individuals present. Our staff will not be present until all visitors have left.
- During the placement in and sealing of the crypt or niche, attendance will be limited to a maximum of 2 individuals (a 12-foot distance from staff must be maintained at all times).
Effective as of Saturday March 21, 2020 we are implementing the following protocols at our PLLP Crematorium locations:
- We will no longer be conducting Witnessings or Rush Cremations
- We will only be accepting deliveries up to the maximum storage capacity of each PLLP location
- We will continue to offer Chapel Services / Committals for up to 10 attendees with the following protocol that our staff will not be present during use of chapel. Our staff will enter only when everyone has left the chapel.
- Effective as of April 20th, we will no longer offer Chapel Services/Committals at Forest Lawn Crematorium
We thank our families, their guests and all visitors to our locations and facilities for their understanding during these extraordinary times.